Obviously, with it being over halfway through April, you can bear with me when I say this “March went out so much like a lamb, I cannot even remember what I did.” While that is only sort of true, it is true that March was certainly a #YOLO month for me. I’m not sure if this was because of how anal-retentive I was during January and February (1200 calories every single day, paying off my rent debts, less spending, etc.)…but suddenly, during March, I just did not even care. So as of when this post should have been written, we’d be roughly 15% of the way through the year. RIDICULOUSNESS, AMIRITE? So I’ve made…better progress toward my goals in April, but this is about what went down in March…
- Put $200 (min) into savings acct
- Make $100 in Discover Card Payments
- Research & set up a mock portfolio with Morningstar
- Create my loan repayment plan
- Spend $$$ to eat out a maximum of 2x
- Don’t use Discover Card
Yeah no. None of these happened. I didn’t even keep a budget. In fact, I took off of work for three days so that I could go to Gulf Shores with bf and his family. It was a ton of fun, but took nearly $300 in income + ~$100 spent on souvenirs and preparation things.
- Lose 10 lbs
- Log into MFP every day
- Complete weeks 1-4 of Couch to 5k
- Do Wii Fit Yoga routine 2x a week
- Contact Habitat for Humanity & volunteer a minimum of one Saturday
Nope. Didn’t even log into MFP. IN FACT I GAINED 7 LBS. Great right?
- Read 4 books minimum (1 per week)
- Learn and use one ASL sign a day (31 total)
- Revise & update my résumé and LinkedIn
- Write 16 blog posts
Nope. I did learn some more sign language because I saw my grandparents the last weekend of March, but I didn’t achieve really anything mentally. Actually, I found out I had to apply for reentry into my university because I took a semester off…which is more than a little frustrating since I called ahead of time to specifically ask if that would happen (to which I was told, “No”).
I know a lot of this sounds like complaining, and that’s probably because so much has happened between now and March and I’m a little sleepy (and thereby grumpy ); however,
I needed a #YOLO month…or so I think. It was a month filled with wonder and joy. At least, it was one I spent mostly at bf’s house eating food his mom cooked, watching tv, and in general being happy. I didn’t achieve my goals, but honestly, after some reflection, those were less things I actually wanted to achieve last month and more things I thought I had to achieve before 1/4 of the year was through to show I had made adequate progress.
So what about my budget?
I didn’t really track my spending. At. All. So I’ll just use my bank statements to figure all this out. I’m not even doing a pie chart…
Total Income: $1245.65 ($192.20 leftover from February)with & Total Spent: $1437.07. This is obviously not including Discover Card nonsense, which ends in total payment: $124, total spent: $42.52, and total interest: $33.96. I did finally get rid of the protection plan that kept charging my account!
- Rent (& internet) - $395 – This is pretty much the same every month.
- Telephone – $56.35 – I have a Net10 Trac-phone
- Auto – $73.12 – Not that terrible. I didn’t do a lot of traveling this month using my car.
- Electricity – $54.19 – A little lower than last month!
- Discover – $124 – Not the ending balance…
- Everything Else – $734.41 – I couldn’t even tell you. This is food, clothing, eating out, etc. I don’t even know.
So it did go out like a lamb…